Transport for London Act 2016
|Document Number:||2016 CHAPTER i|
An Act to confer further powers upon Transport for London; and for related purposes.
It is expedient that the powers of Transport for London should be extended and amended as provided in this Act:
It is expedient that subsidiaries of Transport for London should have further powers as regards giving security for borrowing:
It is expedient that Transport for London should have further powers as regards the carrying out of activities specified pursuant to section 157 of the Greater London Authority Act 1999:
It is expedient that further provision be made as regards risk mitigation:
It is expedient that the other provisions contained in this Act should be enacted:
The purposes of this Act cannot be effected without the authority of Parliament:
In relation to the promotion of the Bill for this Act, Transport for London has complied with the requirements of section 167 of, and Schedule 13 to, the Greater London Authority Act 1999:
May it therefore please your Majesty that it may be enacted, and be it enacted, by the Queen’s Most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
1 Citation and commencement
(1) This Act may be cited as the Transport for London Act 2016 and, except for section 4 (power to give security for monies borrowed etc.) shall come into force at the end of the period of two months beginning with the date on which it is passed.
(2) Section 4 shall come into force on the appointed day.
In this Act—
“the 1999 Act” means the Greater London Authority Act 1999;
“company” has the same meaning as in the 1999 Act;
“Mayor” means the Mayor of London;
“subsidiary” has the meaning given by section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006; and
“TfL” means Transport for London.
3 Appointed day
(1) In section 1(2) (citation and commencement) “the appointed day” means such day as may be fixed by a decision of TfL, subject to and in accordance with the provisions of this section.
(2) No day fixed under this section may be before the end of the period of two months beginning with the date on which this Act is passed.
(3) TfL shall cause to be published in a newspaper circulating in London and in the London Gazette notice—
(a) of the taking of any such decision and of the day fixed thereby; and
(b) of the general effect of section 4 ,
and the day so fixed shall not be earlier than the expiration of two months from the publication of the notice or, if it is published on two days, from the later of those days.
(4) Either a photostatic or other reproduction certified by the officer appointed for that purpose by TfL to be a reproduction of a page...
To continue readingREQUEST YOUR TRIAL