2017No. 538 (W. 118)
ROAD TRAFFIC, WALES
The M4 Motorway (Slip Roads between Junction 23a (Magor), Monmouthshire and Junction 28 (Tredegar Park), Newport) (Temporary Prohibition of Vehicles) Order 2017
Coming into force4April2017
The Welsh Ministers, being the traffic authority for the relevant length of the London – South Wales Motorway (M4) (“the motorway”), are satisfied that traffic in specified lengths of the motorway should be prohibited because of works proposed on or near the motorway.
The Welsh Ministers, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred upon them by section 14(1) and (4) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984( 1), make this Order.
Title, Interpretation and Commencement
1. This Order comes into force on 4 April 2017 and its title is The M4 Motorway (Slip Roads between Junction 23a (Magor), Monmouthshire and Junction 28 (Tredegar Park), Newport) (Temporary Prohibition of Vehicles) Order 2017.
2. —(1) In this Order:
“exempted vehicle”(“cerbyd esempt”) means any vehicle being used by the emergency services and in connection with the works giving rise to this Order;
“the lengths of the motorway”(“y darnau o'r draffordd”) means those lengths of the motorway between Junction 23a (Magor) in the County of Monmouthshire and Junction 28 (Tredegar Park) in the City of Newport specified in the Schedule to this Order;
“works period”(“cyfnod y gwaith”) means intermittent periods commencing at 20:00 hours on 4 April 2017 and ending when the temporary traffic signs for each period of works are removed.
(2) Any reference in this Order to a numbered article is a reference to the article bearing that number in this Order.
3. No person shall, during the works period, drive or cause or permit any vehicle, other than an exempted vehicle, to proceed in the lengths of the motorway.
4. The prohibition in article 3 applies only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs.
Duration of this Order
5. The maximum duration for this Order shall be 12 months.
Signed under authority of the Cabinet Secretary for Economy and Infrastructure, one of the Welsh Ministers.
Dated 30 March 2017
Head of Business Unit, Network Management
The entire length of the eastbound entry slip road at Junction 23a (Magor).
The entire length of the eastbound exit slip road at Junction 23a (Magor).
The entire length of the westbound entry slip road at Junction 23a (Magor).
The entire length of the westbound exit slip road at Junction 23a...