The Infant Formula and Follow-on Formula (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2014
|Document Number:||2014 No. 123 (W. 13)|
|Coming into force:||Coming into force on the 28/02/2014|
Welsh Statutory Instruments
22 January 2014
Laid before the National Assembly for Wales
24 January 2014
Coming into force
28 February 2014
The Welsh Ministers make the following Regulations in exercise of the powers conferred by section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972(1) and sections 16(1)(e) , 17(1) and 48(1) of the Food Safety Act 1990(2)(3).
The Welsh Ministers have been designated for the purposes of section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972 in relation to measures relating to food (including drink) including the primary production of food(4).
In accordance with section 48(4 A) of the Food Safety Act 1990 , the Welsh Ministers have had regard to any relevant advice given by the Food Standards Agency(5).
As required by Article 9 of Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council laying down the general principles and requirements of food law, establishing the European Food Safety Authority and laying down procedures in matters of food safety(6) there has been open and transparent public consultation during the preparation and evaluation of these Regulations.
Title, commencement and application
1. (1) The title of these Regulations is the Infant Formula and Follow-on Formula (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2014.
(2) These Regulations come into force on 28 February 2014 and apply in relation to Wales.
Amendment of the Infant Formula and Follow-on Formula (Wales) Regulations 2007
2. (1) The Infant Formula and Follow-on Formula (Wales) Regulations 2007(7) are amended as follows.
(2) In regulation 2(1) (interpretation) for the definition of “the Directive” substitute the following definition—
““the Directive” (“y Gyfarwyddeb”) means Commission Directive 2006/141/EC on infant formulae and follow-on formulae and amending Directive 1999/21/EC(8) as amended by Directive 2013/46/EU;”.
(3) In regulation 8(2) (compositional criteria for infant formula) after the words “cows’ milk proteins” insert “or goats’ milk proteins”.
(4) For regulation 9 (compositional criteria for follow-on formula) substitute the following regulation—
“Compositional criteria for follow-on formula
9. (1) Subject to paragraph (2) , follow-on formula must comply with the compositional criteria set out in Annex II taking into account the specifications in Annex V.
(2) In the case of follow-on formula manufactured from those protein hydrolysates specified in point 2.2 of Annex II with a protein content between the...
To continue readingREQUEST YOUR TRIAL