The Building (Amendment) (Wales) Regulations 2014
|Nº documento:||2014 No. 110 (W. 10)|
|Fecha Entrada en Vigor:||Coming into force on the 31/07/2014|
Welsh Statutory Instruments
Building And Buildings, Wales
21 January 2014
Laid before the National Assembly for Wales
23 January 2014
Coming into force
31 July 2014
The Welsh Ministers, in exercise of the powers conferred on the Secretary of State by sections 1 and 34 of and paragraphs 1 , 4 , 7 and 10 of Schedule 1 to the Building Act 1984(1) , now exercisable by them(2) , having consulted, in accordance with section 14(7) of that Act, the Building Regulations Advisory Committee for Wales and such other bodies as appear to them to be representative of the interests concerned, make the following Regulations:
PART 1 General
Title, application and commencement
1. (1) The title of these Regulations is the Building (Amendment) (Wales) Regulations 2014.
(2) These Regulations apply in relation to Wales but do not apply in relation to excepted energy buildings in Wales.
(3) These Regulations come into force on 31 July 2014.
(4) In this regulation “excepted energy building” has the meaning given by the Schedule to the Welsh Ministers (Transfer of Functions) (No. 2) Order 2009(3).
PART 2 Amendment of the Building Regulations 2010
Amendment of the Building Regulations 2010
2. The Building Regulations 2010(4) are amended as set out in Regulations 3 to 9.
3. In regulation 2(1) , in the definition of “energy efficiency requirements”, after “26 ,” insert “26 A, 26 B,”.
Application of energy efficiency requirements
4. In regulation 21—
(a) at the end of paragraph 4(a) omit “or”;
(b) after “extended” in paragraph (4)(b) insert—
“to heat the conservatory or porch; or
(c) in which a fixed heating appliance has been provided to heat the conservatory or porch.”
New buildings: minimum energy performance requirements
5. After regulation 25 B insert—
“New buildings: minimum energy performance requirements
25 C. Minimum energy performance requirements may be approved by the Welsh Ministers, in accordance with the methodology approved pursuant to regulation 24 , for—
(a) new buildings (other than new dwellings) , in the form of target primary energy consumption rates; and
(b) new dwellings, in the form of target fabric performance values.”
Primary energy consumption rates and fabric performance values
6. After regulation 26 , insert—
“Primary energy consumption rates for new buildings
26 A. Where a building (other than a dwelling) is erected, it must not exceed the target primary energy consumption rate for the building which has been approved pursuant to regulation 25 C(a).
Fabric performance values for new dwellings
26 B. Where a dwelling is erected, it must not exceed the target fabric performance values for the dwelling which have been approved pursuant to regulation 25 C(b).”
Primary energy consumption rate and fabric performance values calculations
7. After regulation 27 insert—
“Primary energy consumption rate calculations
27 A. (1) This regulation applies where a building (other than a dwelling) is erected and regulation 26 A applies.
(2) Not later...
To continue readingREQUEST YOUR TRIAL