2020No. 228 (W. 52)
ROAD TRAFFIC, WALES
The A55 Trunk Road (Junction 11 (Llys y Gwynt) to Junction 12 (Tal-y-bont), Gwynedd) (Temporary Prohibition of Vehicles, Cyclists & Pedestrians) Order 2020
Coming into force8March2020
The Welsh Ministers, as traffic authority for the relevant length of the A55 Trunk Road, are satisfied that traffic on specified lengths of the trunk road should be prohibited because of works proposed on or near the road.
The Welsh Ministers, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred upon them by section 14(1) and (4) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984( 1), make this Order.
Title, Commencement and Interpretation
1. The title of this Order is the A55 Trunk Road (Junction 11 (Llys y Gwynt) to Junction 12 (Tal-y-bont), Gwynedd) (Temporary Prohibition of Vehicles, Cyclists & Pedestrians) Order 2020 and it comes into force on 8 March 2020.
2. In this Order:
“exempted vehicle”(“cerbyd esempt”) means any vehicle being used by the emergency services or in connection with the works giving rise to this Order;
“the trunk road”(“y gefnffordd”) means the A55 Chester to Bangor Trunk Road;
“works period”(“cyfnod y gwaith”) means intermittent periods commencing at 20:00 hours on 8 March 2020 and ending when the temporary traffic signs for each period of works are permanently removed.
3. No person may, during the works period, drive any vehicle, other than an exempted vehicle, on the lengths of the trunk road specified in the Schedule to this Order.
4. No person may, during the works period, ride any pedal cycle on the lengths of the trunk road specified in the Schedule to this Order.
5. No pedestrian may, during the works period, proceed on the lengths of the trunk road specified in the Schedule to this Order.
6. The prohibitions in articles 3, 4 and 5 apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs.
Duration of this Order
7. The maximum duration for this Order is 18 months.
Signed under authority of the Minister for Economy, Transport and North Wales, one of the Welsh Ministers.
Dated the 3 March 2020
Head of Planning, Asset Management & Standards Welsh Government
The length of the eastbound carriageway of the trunk road that extends from the western structure at Junction 11 (Llys y Gwynt) to the centre-point of Junction 12 (Tal-y-bont), including the length of the eastbound entry slip road at Junction 11.