Synodical Government (Amendment) Measure 2003
|Document Number:||2003 No. 1|
A Measure passed by the General Synod of the Church of England to amend the law relating to synodical government and for purposes connected therewith.
[6 th March 2003]
1 Amendment of Synodical Government Measure 1969
(1) In section 4(2) of the Synodical Government Measure 1969 (1969 No. 2) after paragraph (c) there shall be inserted the following paragraphs—
“(d) to consider proposals for the annual budget for the diocese and to approve or disapprove them;
(e) to consider the annual accounts of the diocesan board of finance of the diocese.”.
(2) The Church Representation Rules contained in Schedule 3 to that Measure shall have effect subject to the amendments specified in the Schedule to this Measure.
2 Amendment of Pastoral Measure 1983
(1) The Pastoral Measure 1983 (1983 No. 1) shall have effect subject to the following amendments.
(2) After section 2 there shall be inserted the following section—
“2 AConventional districts
It shall be the duty of the pastoral committee of a diocese from time to time as may be directed by the bishop, and in any event at least once every five years, to review the arrangements for pastoral supervision in each conventional district in the diocese and, in cases where they consider it desirable, to make recommendations to the bishop in accordance with section 3 for any of the matters for which provision may be made under this Measure (other than section 36) by a pastoral scheme or pastoral order.”.
(3) In section 3(4) after the words “In the case of” there shall be inserted the words “recommendations under section 2 A and of”.
(4) Paragraph 4 of Schedule 1 is hereby repealed.
(5) In paragraph 10 of Schedule 1 for the words “a majority of the members of the sub-committee shall be members” there shall be substituted the words “at least one of the members of any sub-committee shall be a member”.
3 Transitional provisions
(1) The amendment of rule 10(1) of the Church Representation Rules effected by paragraph 2 of the Schedule to this Measure shall not affect the term of office of any person who is a member of a parochial church council or deanery synod on the date on which that amendment comes into force.
(2) The amendment of rule 14(1) of those Rules effected by paragraph 4 of that Schedule shall not affect the term of office of any person who is a member of a parochial church council on the date on which that amendment comes into force and shall not apply to the first election of members of a parochial church...
To continue readingREQUEST YOUR TRIAL