Northern Ireland Budget (Anticipation and Adjustments) Act 2019
|Document Number:||2019 CHAPTER 11|
An Act to authorise the issue out of the Consolidated Fund of Northern Ireland of certain sums for the service of the years ending 31 March 2019 and 2020; to appropriate those sums for specified purposes; to authorise the use for the public service of certain resources for those years; to revise the limits on the use of certain accruing resources in the year ending 31 March 2019; and to authorise the Department of Finance in Northern Ireland to borrow on the credit of the sum appropriated for the year ending 31 March 2020.
Be it enacted by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
1 Issue of sum out of the Consolidated Fund for the year ending 31 March 2019 and appropriation of that sum
(1) The Department may issue out of the Consolidated Fund and apply to the service of the year ending 31 March 2019 the sum of £16 ,822 ,319 ,000.
(2) That sum is appropriated for the purposes specified in Schedule 1.
(3) The authorisation and appropriations in this section supersede those made by section 4 of the Northern Ireland Budget (Anticipation and Adjustments) Act 2018 and section 1 of the Northern Ireland Budget Act 2018; and, in relation to any amount specified in column 2 of Schedule 1 , any increase or decrease by virtue of this section in the amount appropriated is given in brackets after the amount.
2 Use of resources (other than accruing resources) in the year ending 31 March 2019
(1) For the purposes of section 6(1) of the 2001 Act, this section authorises the use of resources in the year ending 31 March 2019 by the persons mentioned in subsection (3) to the amount of £20 ,032 ,419 ,000.
(2) In that year, resources may be used by a person mentioned in that subsection for the purposes specified in relation to that person in column 1 of Schedule 2 up to the amounts specified in the corresponding entries in column 2 of that Schedule.
(3) The persons are—
(a) the Northern Ireland departments;
(b) the Food Standards Agency;
(c) the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission;
(d) the Northern Ireland Audit Office;
(e) the Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation;
(f) the Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman;
(g) the Public Prosecution Service for Northern Ireland.
(4) The authorisations in this section supersede those made by section 6 of the Northern Ireland Budget...
To continue readingREQUEST YOUR TRIAL