Ministry of Health Provisional Order Confirmation (Ealing Extension) Act 1926

Publication Date:January 01, 1926
 
FREE EXCERPT


Ministry of Health Provisional Order Confirmation (Ealing Extension) Act 1926

(16 & 17 Geo. 5) c. lxii

An Act to confirm a Provisional Order of the Minister of Health relating to Ealing.

[4th August 1926]

[16 & 17 Geo. 5.] Ministry of Health [Ch. lxii.J Provisional Order Confirmation (Ealing Extension) Act, 1926. CHAPTER lxii. An Act to confirm a Provisional Order of the a.d. 192c. Minister of Health relating to Ealing. [4th August 1926.] W HEREAS the Minister of Health has made the Provisional Order set forth in the schedule hereto under the provisions of the Local Government 51 & 52Vict. Act 1888 : . 41. And whereas it is requisite that the said Order should be confirmed by Parliament : Be it therefore enacted by the King's most Excellent Majesty by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal and Commons in this present Parliament assembled and by the authority of the same as follows: The Order as amended and set out in the schedule Order in hereto shall be and the same is hereby confirmed and all scll lduk the provisions thereof shall have full validity and force. confirmed- This Act may be cited as the Ministry of Health Short title. Provisional Order Confirmation (Ealing Extension) Act 1926. [Price Is. Net.] A 1 [Ch. lxii.] Ministry of Health [16 & 17 Geo. 5.] Provisional Order Confirmation (Ealing Extension) Act, 1926. AD-1926- SCHEDULE. BOROUGH OF EALING. Ealing Provisional Order made in pursuance of the Local Order. Government Act 1888 for the extension of a Borough. WHEREAS by Section 54 of the Local Government Act 1888 the Minister of Health is empowered to make a Provisional Order for altering the boundary of any borough; And whereas the existing Borough of Ealing in the County of Middlesex is a Borough within the meaning of the Local Government Act 1888 and the inhabitants are a body corporate by the name of the Mayor Aldermen and Burgesses of the Borough of Ealing and act by the Council of the Borough which now consists of the Mayor (who is also a councillor) six aldermen and seventeen other councillors and the Borough for the election of councillors is divided into six wards; And whereas the Borough is co-extensive with the Parish of Ealing and is an Urban District under the jurisdiction of the Mayor Aldermen and Burgesses acting by the Council; And whereas in pursuance of the Education Act 1921 the Council of the Borough are the local education authority for the purposes of elementary education; And whereas the Urban Districts of Greenford and Hanwell immediately adjoin the Borough of Ealing; And whereas the Urban District of Greenford comprises the Parishes of Greenford Perivale and Twyford Abbey (otherwise known as the Parish of West Twyford) and the Parish last-mentioned is detached from the main portion of that Urban District but immediately adjoins the Borough of Ealing; And whereas the Urban District of Hanwell is co-extensive with the Parish of Hanwell and a detached part of that Urban District and Parish immediately adjoins the Borough of Ealing : Now therefore the Minister of Health in pursuance of the powers given to him by Sections 54 and 59 of the Local Government 2 [16 & 17 Geo. 5.] Ministry of Health [Ch. lxii.] Provisional Order Confirmation (Ealing Extension) Act, 1926. Act 1888 and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf A.D. 1926. hereby orders as follows : Ealing ,. Order. Part I. Interpretation and Commencement. 1. In this Order unless the context otherwise requires Definitions. " Existing " in relation to any area altered by this Order means existing immediately before the first day of October Nineteen hundred and twenty-six; " Hanwell Detached " means the detached part of the existing Urban District and Parish of Hanwell which is coloured blue on the Borough maps and is marked " Hanwell Detached " on those maps; " The abolished Parishes " means the existing parishes of Greenford Hanwell and Perivale and the existing Parish of Twyford Abbey (otherwise known as the Parish of West Twyford); "The Act of 1888" and "the Act of 1894" mean respectively the Local Government Act 1888 and the Local Government Act 1894; " The added areas " means the Urban Districts of Greenford and Hanwell which are added to the existing Borough of Ealing by this Order; " The appointed day " means the First day of October Nineteen hundred and twenty-six; " The Borough " means the existing Borough of Ealing as extended by this Order; " The Borough maps " means the duplicate maps marked " Map of the Borough of Ealing as extended by the Ealing (Extension) Order 1926 " and sealed with the official seal of the Minister; " The Brentford Guardians " means the Board of Guardians of the Brentford Union; " The Corporation " means as the context requires the Mayor Aldermen and Burgesses of the existing Borough or of the Borough acting by the Council; " The County" and " the County Council" mean respectively the Administrative County of the Count}' of Middlesex and the County Council of that County; " The Greenford District " and " the Greenford Council " mean respectively the existing Urban District of Greenford (the area whereof is coloured yellow on the Borough maps) and the Urban District Council of that District; a 2 a [Ch. lxii.] Ministry of Health [16 & 17 Geo. 5.] Provisional Order Confirmation (Ealing Extension) Act, 1926. A.D. 1926. "The Hanwell District" and "the Hanwell Council" mean respectively the existing Urban District of Ealing Hanwell inclusive of Hanwell Detached (the area 0rder? whereof is coloured blue on the Borough maps) and the Urban District Council of that District; " The Minister " means the Minister of Health; " The Municipal Corporations Acts " means the Municipal Corporations Act 1882 and the Acts amending and extending the same: " The Parish of Ealing " means the existing Parish of Ealing as extended by this Order; " The Urban Councils " means the Greenford Council and the Hanwell Council; " The Ward maps " means the duplicate maps marked " Map of the Wards of the Borough of Ealing as " extended by the Ealing (Extension) Order 1926 " and sealed with the official seal of the Minister. Commence- 2. Save as otherwise expressly provided this Order shall ment of come into operation on the First day of October Nineteen hundred Order. an(j (twenty-six : Provided that for the purposes of (a) The division of the Borough into wards and all proceedings preliminary or relating to any election to be held in September or October Nineteen hundred and twenty-six for any area affected by this Order; (6) The compilation alteration or re-arrangement of any register of electors made under the Representation of the People Acts 1918 to 1922; and (c) The revision of the basis of the county rate of the County or the preparation of any precept or contribution order to be made on or after the appointed day; this Order shall operate from the date of the Act of Parliament confirming this Order. Past II. Alterations of Boundary. Extension of 3.(1) The boundary of the existing Borough the area existing whereof is coloured pink on the Borough maps shall be altered Borough. go as to include in addition to that area the Greenford District and the Hanwell District. (2) The boundary of the Borough shall be that shown by the red line on the maps and the whole of the area within that boundary shall for the purposes of the Municipal Corporations Acts and for all other purposes be the Borough. 4 [16 & 17 Geo. 5.] Ministry of Health [Ch. lxii.] Provisional Order Confirmation (Ealing Extension) A.D. 1926. Act, 1926. 4. The existing Parishes of Greenford Hanwell and Perivale and the existing Parish of Twyford Abbey (otherwise known as Ealing West Twyford) shall be added to and form part of the Parish of Ealing. Order. Alteration of parishes. 5.(1) One of the Borough maps and one of the Ward Deposit and maps shall be deposited in the office of the Minister and the copies of duplicate of each map shall be deposited by the town clerk of the S?ro?gh and existing Borough at his office. r maps' (2) Copies of the Borough map deposited with the town clerk certified by him to be true shall be sent by him within one month after the date of the Act of Parliament confirming this Order to the Board of Inland Revenue to the Commissioners of Customs and Excise to the Registrar-General to the Board of Trade to the Minister of Transport to the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries and to the Electricity Commissioners and copies of the Ward map so deposited and certified in like manner shall be sent within the same period to the Clerk of the County Council to the Clerk to the Brentford Guardians to the Registrar-General and to the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries. 6.(1) Copies of or extracts from the Borough map deposited Copies of with the town clerk and certified by him to be true shall be received maP to be in all courts of justice and elsewhere as prima facie evidence of evl ence" the contents of that map so far as it relates to the boundary of the Borough. The Borough map deposited with the town clerk shall at all reasonable times be open to inspection by any person liable to any rate leviable within the Borough and any such person shall be entitled to a copy of or extract from the map certified by the town clerk to be true on payment of a reasonable fee to be determined by the Corporation. All fees so received shall be carried to the Borough fund. Paet in. Provisions consequent on Extension of Borough. 7. The number of councillors of the Borough shall be Number of increased from eighteen to thirty and the number of aldermen councillors of the Borough shall be increased from six to ten. and alder" men. 8. Subject to the provisions of the Municipal Corporations Division of Acts with respect to the alteration of wards the following Borough provisions shall have effect: mto new wards. (1) For the purposes of the election of councillors the Borough shall be divided into the ten wards mentioned in...

To continue reading

REQUEST YOUR TRIAL