The Housing (Amendment) (Northern Ireland) Order 2006
|Document Number:||2006 No. 3337 (N.I. 22)|
|Coming into force:||Coming into force on the 01/04/2007|
14 th December 2006
Coming into operation in accordance with Article 1(2) and (3)
At the Court at Buckingham Palace, the 14 th day of December 2006
The Queen’s Most Excellent Majesty in Council
Whereas a draft of this Order in Council has been approved by resolution of each House of Parliament:
Now, therefore, Her Majesty, in exercise of the powers conferred by paragraph 1(1) of the Schedule to the Northern Ireland Act 2000 (c. 1) and of all other powers enabling Her in that behalf, is pleased, by and with the advice of Her Privy Council, to order, and it is hereby ordered, as follows:–
Title and commencement
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Housing (Amendment) (Northern Ireland) Order 2006.
(2) This Article and Article 2 come into operation on the expiration of 7 days from the day on which the Order is made.
(3) Article 3 and the Schedule come into operation on such day as the Department for Social Development may by order appoint.
(4) An order under paragraph (3) may contain such transitional or saving provisions as appear to that Department to be necessary or expedient.
2. The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 (c. 33) applies to this Order as it applies to an Act of the Assembly.
Arrangements for payment of grants to housing associations
3. The amendments set out in the Schedule, which relate to arrangements for the payment of certain grants to registered housing associations, shall have effect.
Deputy Clerk of the Privy Council
SCHEDULEARRANGEMENTS FOR PAYMENT OF GRANTS TO REGISTERED HOUSING ASSOCIATIONS
The Housing (Northern Ireland) Order 1992 (NI 15)
1. The Housing (Northern Ireland) Order 1992 shall be amended as follows.
2. In Article 4(1) (functions of the Department) , in sub-paragraph (c) , for the words from “exercise” to the end substitute “and exercise supervision and control over registered housing associations.”.
3.—(1) Article 33 (housing association grants) shall be amended as follows.
(2) For the heading and paragraphs (1) to (3) , substitute—
“Payment of housing association grants by the Executive
33.—(1) The Executive may make housing association grants to registered housing associations in respect of expenditure incurred or to be incurred by them in connection with housing activities.
(1 A) But the Executive shall not make grants under paragraph (1) to a designated association in respect of expenditure...
To continue readingREQUEST YOUR TRIAL