Hertfordshire County Council (Filming on Highways) Act 2014
|Document Number:||2014 CHAPTER i|
An Act to confer powers on Hertfordshire County Council in relation to filming on highways; and for related purposes.
It is expedient that the powers of Hertfordshire County Council (“the Council”) should be extended and amended as provided in this Act:
It is expedient that provision be made in relation to filming on highways in Hertfordshire:
It is expedient that the other provisions in this Act be enacted:
The objects of this Act cannot be attained without the authority of Parliament:
In relation to the promotion of this Act the Council has complied with the requirements of section 239 of the Local Government Act 1972:
May it therefore please your Majesty that it may be enacted, and be it enacted, by the Queen's Most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
This Act may be cited as the Hertfordshire County Council (Filming on Highways) Act 2014.
In this Act—
“the 1984 Act” means the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984; and
“the Council” means Hertfordshire County Council.
3 Prohibition or restriction on roads in connection with filming
(1) Section 16 A of the 1984 Act (prohibition or restriction on roads in connection with certain events) shall apply to the Council, in its capacity as a traffic authority, with the following modifications.
(2) The expressions “relevant event” and “the holding of a relevant event” include the making of a film.
(3) After subsection (2) , the following subsection is inserted—
“(2 A) The traffic authority for a road may at any time by notice restrict or prohibit temporarily the use of the road, or any part of it, by vehicles, or vehicles of any class, or by pedestrians, where it appears to them that it is expedient for the making of a film that the restriction or prohibition should come into force without delay.”.
(4) The references, in subsections (3) , (5) and (7) to (10) , to an order under section 16 A include references to a notice under subsection (2 A) of that section, as inserted by subsection (3) above, and references to the making of such an order include references to the issuing of such a notice.
4 Restrictions on film orders and notices
(1) Section 16 B of the 1984 Act (restrictions on orders under section 16 A) shall apply in the county of Hertfordshire with the following modifications.
(2) In subsection (1) , after...
To continue readingREQUEST YOUR TRIAL