The Building (Approved Inspectors etc.) (Amendment) (Wales) Regulations 2014
|Nº documento:||2014 No. 58 (W. 5)|
|Fecha Entrada en Vigor:||Coming into force on the 10/02/2014|
Welsh Statutory Instruments
Building And Buildings, Wales
14 January 2014
Laid before the National Assembly for Wales
16 January 2014
Coming into force
10 February 2014
The Welsh Ministers, in exercise of the powers conferred on the Secretary of State by sections 1 , 16(9) , 17(1) and (6) , 47(1) , (2) and (5) , 49(5) , 50(1) , (4) and (6) , 51(1) and (2) , 51 A(2) , (3) and (6) of and paragraphs 2 , 4 , 4 A and 10 of Schedule 1 to the Building Act 1984(1) , now exercisable by them(2) , make the following Regulations:
Title, application and commencement
1. (1) The title of these Regulations is the Building (Approved Inspectors etc.) (Amendment) (Wales) Regulations 2014.
(2) These Regulations apply in relation to Wales but do not apply in relation to excepted energy buildings in Wales.
(3) In this regulation “excepted energy building” (“adeilad ynni a eithrir”) has the meaning given in the Schedule to the Welsh Ministers (Transfer of Functions) (No. 2) Order 2009(3).
(4) These Regulations come into force on 10 February 2014.
Amendment of the Building (Approved Inspectors etc.) Regulations 2010
2. The Building (Approved Inspectors etc.) Regulations 2010(4) (“the 2010 Regulations”) are amended as set out in regulations 3 to 9.
Approved inspector’s insurance (new regulation 5 A)
3. After regulation 5 , insert—
“Approved inspector’s insurance
5 A. (1) Subject to paragraph (2) , an approved inspector who gives a notice or certificate specified in paragraph (2) to a local authority must ensure that, before or on the date of the notice or certificate, the person who approved that inspector (the Welsh Ministers or a body designated under regulation 3 as the case may be) is in possession of a declaration of insurance in respect of the work to which the notice or certificate relates.
(2) Paragraph (1) applies to a notice or certificate given on or after 10 February 2014 which is—
(a) an initial notice;
(b) an amendment notice;
(c) a plans certificate;
(d) a combined initial notice and plans certificate; or
(e) a final certificate.
(3) In this regulation a “declaration of insurance” means a declaration of insurance signed by the insurer that a named scheme of insurance approved by the Welsh Ministers applies to the approved inspector in relation to the building work to which the notice or certificate relates.”
Lists of approvals and designations
4. For regulation 7 substitute—
“7. (1) The Welsh Ministers shall—
(a) maintain a list of bodies which are for the time being designated in accordance with regulation 3 for the purpose of approving inspectors;
(b) maintain a list of inspectors for the time being approved by the Welsh Ministers; and
(c) in respect of each approved inspector listed...
To continue readingREQUEST YOUR TRIAL